Monday, November 2, 2015

Courage... Good News and Gratitude

The good news is that the treatments are working. I can tell because I feel so much better than I did in the summer. I actually feel like exercising and doing yard work. It's wonderful!

The gratitude I feel is intense. I'm grateful for every single experience I've had this month, and there have been a plethora of positive ones! I'm grateful for every single human I've interacted with this month, and there have been the best of the best in my life!

I'm grateful for the strength my Heavenly Father gives me to keep going in this journey called life. People have commented on the courage I must have and it reminds me of a saying I have had taped to my bathroom mirror for many years.


"Courage is only the second virtue in a soldier, 
the first is endurance of fatigue."
 --Napoleon Bonaparte

We are blessed with the agency to respond to the daily emotional and physical challenges in our lives. We are also blessed with the opportunity to learn whatever Heavenly Father wants us to learn from those challenges. We make a choice every day, sometimes many times a day, as to what the legacy of our lives will be. 


“To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. 
It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. 
We make ourselves into one or the other.”
--Carlos Castaneda”

I'm so very very grateful for my team of warriors!

2 comments: