Thursday, March 26, 2015

We All Have Our Own Headstands




I envisioned these little reminders for this month's Visiting Teaching lesson standing in the dollar aisle at Target. It came to me in a flash of insight when I saw the clips and push up pencils. "Don't be weary in starting over again and again" Perfect to illustrate this month's focus on the attributes of Christ: patience and long-suffering.  



"PEAR" up with the Savior









I've used pumpkin cans and said, "Squash" the urge to sin, packs of gum for "Chews" the right, homemade bread for Jesus is the "Bread" of life, and many others, just by looking around the house or in the pantry and thinking of a way to relate an item to whatever message of the month it was.  

My mother, who can present the most mundane of meals as "magazine worthy" works of art, marveled at my efforts. I told her it was really no effort at all and I enjoyed doing it and imagine the gifts and talents of this dear sister! She puts me to shame! If I let her...

Attr: Pink Polka Dot Creations.com DSC_2367-e1425265830943.jpg

Seeing her ideas and the adorable way she presents them could make ANYONE feel intimidated... but that isn't her purpose. She is using her talents to magnify her calling AND then sharing her amazing ideas with others... seriously just making the world a better place!


Attr: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Salamba_Sirsasana_-_Supported_Headstand.jpg
It reminds me of something another dear friend said one day when we were talking about how well she can do Yoga (really she can do ANYTHING athletic extremely well) 
followed by how UNtalented and UNcoordinated we were. 

We all had to pause and think for a minute when she responded,
"Well, we all have our own kind of headstands."

There was comfort in the undeniable realization that she was right. We ALL have talents given us to share and make the world a better place. There is no place for comparison of "headstands" so to speak. There is no reason for self-judgement, self-loathing or self_flagellation, haha!
Find your own headstand and embrace it!

No comments:

Post a Comment