Thursday, March 31, 2016

Easter Miracles

Family Photo
I was looking forward to seeing my oldest child's family and his newest addition, an adorable blonde, blue-eyed baby boy. I was reminded what a miracle the whole birth process is as he gently placed the tiny, helpless newborn in my arms. He was everything a Nana could ever want in a new grandchild! SOOOO CUTE! I was in heaven! EARTHLY HEAVEN not the actual “Heaven” heaven...

When they announced they were expecting we had just found out the melanoma was metastasizing aggressively. I wondered if I'd still be here when the baby was born. I wondered that if I were alive... what kind of life would it be? Well, the incredible news is that I am alive and thriving and actually feeling good most of the time. I am so grateful! Such a blessing and miracle!

Family Photo



I can say that now! I am a medical miracle! My cancer came back 9 months after approval of the newest type of treatment for melanoma: immunotherapy using a drug called Keytrudah (Pembro). They use my own immune system to find and attack metastatic growths and it's working! Some patients have their tumors disappear within months while just over half of the cancer patients don't see any response at all. My tumors are not disappearing... or even shrinking... but they seem to be non-reactive at this point which means I'm on the winning team, the original tumors are not growing and there are no new growths!

Family Photo





I didn't buy winter boots because I wasn't sure I would last through the season. I didn't buy new clothes unless they were “hospital comfy.” I used to wonder if I'd even use up a newly opened bar of soap! I didn't buy new prescription glasses because... why? 
And so on....








Easter Lily - Family Photo


I find myself thinking about what I would like to do with this extra time. One thing I want to do is bear my testimony of the miracle of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and tell everyone it is here on the earth... right now! I want to tell everyone how wonderful the Book of Mormon is and how it can change your life when you understand that Jesus Christ really came to visit this continent after His resurrection. I want to tell everyone that there is a plan for them to live eternally with loved ones and that the relationships we enjoy here can exist in heaven. We can have Heaven... now AND forever. 

I trust in His redeeming grace to save us all from death and sin if we will COME UNTO HIM with full purpose of heart and allow Him to do what He has always wanted and already laid the plans for. His resurrection paved the way for ALL of us.




He lives... He lives... He lives! With all my heart I know this! And you can know it too.

Instagram: LDSWomen

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much!!! Thank you for sharing your testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie you are amazing what a sweet testimony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Amanda! Takes one to know one!:)

      Delete
  4. So happy. Thanks for sharing. What a wonderful blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Susan, how sweet of you to read and comment! I hope you are doing well!

      Delete
  5. I love your testimony. You have always enriched my life, Deb. Know you are often in my prayers and thoughts. I'm so glad you got to be with your new baby! What a joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting Linda! You and Randy inspire me to try. Thank you for your example! Much love!

      Delete
  6. #1- I just want to kiss that beautiful blond, blue eyed baby. Warm days are around the corner; rock him on the front porch and breath in his newness.
    #2- "I didn't buy winter boots because I wasn't sure I would last through the season"... this is the sentence that breaks my heart. The good news is: YOU made it! The sun is shining and each day is warmer... “In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.” (Albert Camus)
    #3- And here is your clincher, you said "We can have Heaven... now..." Rocking that beautiful baby, that is heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Jeannine you angel. It IS kind of morbid but those thoughts really did cross my mind. Your quote is absolutely FABULOUS and I LOVE IT!!! I do feel there is an "invincible summer" within me. I don't know why except maybe for this very reason. I am strong. I trust God. I LOVE life and all the beauty it offers... especially dear dear friends like you. Thank you for reading and commenting. LOVE you so much beautiful friend!

      Delete
  7. Debbie we are thrilled beyond words that you are doing so well!! We believe in miracles and we definitely believe in yours. Thank you for your wonderful life and your testimony. Manja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manja, you know better than anyone what a fruit loop I am but I'm grateful you love me anyway, haha! THANK YOU for reading and commenting and being such a great partner with me in this marvelous "grandparenting" endeavor! See you soon!

      Delete
  8. Debbie, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this, but you have such a beautiful attitude. What an inspiration you are! May the Lord bless you and your family as you continue on. Love your sweet, strong testimony. Nola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nola! I can see your beautiful face in my mind as I type this and am so grateful I know such a genuinely kind and loving friend. MUCH LOVE and gratitude for the blessings all around! XOXO

      Delete
  9. Debbie, you just never cease to amaze me!! You are beautiful and your testimony is beautiful and strong! I love your ever positive attitude and your constant smile. You are truly an inspiration to me...and everyone who meets you, I know! And your little grandson is a doll! Bless you always, Shauna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SHAUNA! What a lovely comment from one of my loveliest friends! Your faith and testimony have been an example to me! Thank you for the encouragement to keep going, I will give life my best shot, haha!

      Delete