Saturday, April 30, 2016

Hope

Bucket List: Ring the "treatment finished gong" at Huntsman Cancer Center. Check. 

Family Photo

Family Photo











New chapter begins this week! No more Pembro - lost too much weight to keep taking it. Just prayers and scans every six weeks now.




And hope... Lots of hope. 

While I was getting my last infusion, looking out the wall of windows at the beautiful view, a cute old man came by to see if we wanted or needed anything. We asked what brought him to Huntsman today? He smiled sweetly and humbly said, "Well, I was the architect. When we met with Jon and Karen to get their ideas they said only one thing: We want everything about our center to bring about hope. (He paused and smiled again.) My daughter had bone marrow cancer and was one of the first patients here. She helped me design this infusion center."
       I was almost afraid to ask, "Is she doing okay now?" 
He smiled and said, "No, that is why I like to come here. It makes me feel close to her."

(Hope Photo by Debbie Beus)

No comments:

Post a Comment