Saturday, May 30, 2015

No Scars


June 2012 
Who doesn't have any scars? I have a HUGE scar from a tiny little freckle that turned into melanoma. It reminds me to put on sunscreen whenever I am going to be in the sun for awhile. Scars can be good reminders to be careful.
Oct 2013 (left)               Oct 2014 (right)
"Our physical bodies, when harmed, are able to repair themselves, sometimes with the help of a physician. If the damage is extensive, however, 
often a scar will remain as a reminder of the injury.



With our spiritual bodies it is another matter. Our spirits are damaged when we make mistakes and commit sins. But unlike the case of our mortal bodies, when the repentance process is complete, no scars remain because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ
The promise is: “Behold, he who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more” (D&C 58:42).
--Boyd K. Packer, The Plan Of Happiness, Apr Gen Conf 2015

No spiritual scars remain if we repent now!



5 comments:

  1. I love your thoughts and insights. I wish I could spend more time just soaking you in... I also need to see a dermatologist and get screened :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great way of comparing our physical life with spiritual lessons, Debbie! You're as amazing as ever. So glad to know you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking about you Jana! Thank you for this comment and back atcha! Much love!!!!

      Delete
    2. Finally reading this- I am profoundly grateful for the healing power of the Atonement. I love my Savior and I love you!

      Delete